Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 5: Drumnadrochit to Dalbeg (11)

At NH 585179 there is a well-constructed bridge over the Aberchalder Burn, which isn't shown on the map. Immediately beyond is the start (or probably, I suppose, the finish) of the Landrover track shown on the map; and beyond this point the going was much better.

I was feeling a bit weary, so I stopped for a nap in a grouse butt. There is always something wonderful, I think, about snoozing in the outdoors, in your waterproofs, with the rain pitter-pattering onto you but not really bothering you. I was in no hurry. I had planned this day upon the assumption that I might not get across Loch Ness until noon. The plan was to get to the top of Carn na Saobhaidhe, then drop down to the south east and camp by the upper reaches of the Allt Odhar. But it was early afternoon, and I only had 5 km or so to go - so no hurry here at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment