Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 4 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 4: through Glen Urquhart to Drumnadrichit (3)

Just before I entered the woods, my route took me past Loch na Beinne Mhor; and on a bright sunny day I am sure that this would have been a wonderful place to linger a while. On an overcast day such as today, however, I just wanted to scurry on past it.

Now, down in Tomich, the "local intelligence" had been that with all the rain they'd had of late, the track through the woods was looking to be a problem. Nearly three kilometres of probolematic forest track can seriously slow you down, and I was anxious to put this part of the day's walk behind me. When I got there, however, I found that it was no real problem at all - just a bit wet underfoot. However, this was easily remedied. The Tomich hotel had done my laundry for me, so when I got down to the bothy I would change into a dry pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment