Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 5: Drumnadrochit to Dalbeg (12)

The track ran alongside the Aberchalder Burn. As I gained height, I began to encounter snow. It lay across the burn, and in places there were melt holes. At this altitude I was not too worried - it was clear where the track was, it was clear where the burn was, and there was no danger of accidentally blundering from one to the other and falling through the snow into the icy cold water beneath. Higher up, though? Now that could be a different matter altogether. Once the snow fields covered the track as well as the stream, there would be danger, and care would be necessary. I was not there yet, but I soon would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment