Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 4 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 4: through Glen Urquhart to Drumnadrochit (2)

Up on the moor, before the path enters the woods, there are two monuments shown on the map: one by Loch a' Ghreidlein, the other on top of Beinn Mhor. I didn't divert to take a look at either of them, so I cannot tell you what they are about. Maybe if it had been a fine day, I would have done. But as it was, I was only really interested in grinding out the miles and getting to Drumnadrochit. However, when a rather impressive rainbow appeared in the West, I paused to take a photograph - even though, with all its modern electrickery, I knew that my camera would over expose it and leave it somewhat washed out, as it would be incapable of working out that it was the rainbow I was interested it, and would assume instead that I wanted it to set a correct exposure for all that mass of tedious heather ...

No comments:

Post a Comment