Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 3 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 3: Mullardoch to Tomich (5)

In the woods above Cannich, as I stopped for a quick glug, I was caught up by Ian Cotterill and we walked together as far as the Slater's Arms, where we took lunch. Ian introduced himself to me as "the photographer" - and I have to say that at first I thought his appropriation of the definite article to be, perhaps, a little presumptuous. However, when he expanded this proposition by explaining that it was his landscape photographs which appeared on the Challenge Certificates each year, I relented, and decided that he was entitled to his definite article. We arrived at the Slater's Arms on the dot of 1 o'clock, and went in out of the rain. As we waited for our meals, I thought that a photograph of the photographer was surely worth having, and he willingly consented to my taking it. Believe it or not, we talked about camera a fair bit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment