Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 4 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 4: through Glen Urquhart to Drumnadrochit (6)

The rain eased off, but never totally departed, so we were always keeping our waterproofs on but hoping to be able to take them off "soon". The photograph shows Alan on the bridge at Shenval, during one of the brighter interludes of the day. After this, there was 9 kilometres or so of forest track which was pleasant enough, but all very samey. Walking it alone would not have been the highlight of the crossing. Walking it in good company, however, was a different matter. Alan told me many hilarious anecdotes; but I will not spoil his stories for him. If you wish to hear them, you will need to seek him out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment