Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 25 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 1: Mulling It Over (1)

Friday 9 May was the first day of this, my 9th Challenge ... and it did not start all that auspiciously. For one thing, my head was a little thicker than ideal; and for another, the hotel was under new management and they knew nothing of the Challenge. In particular, they did not have a Challenge Register for us to sign. So we did what any resourceful Challengers would do ... we drew up our own register, and signed out, then let Challenge Control know what we had done, and why. Somebody else's problem now.

I had breakfast, paid my bill (quite a big bar bill, that ... ) and headed down towards the harbour for the 9 o'clock ferry to Tobermory on Mull.

No comments:

Post a Comment