Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 4: One Munro but no Mamore (10)

Did I just say that Meall a' Chaorainn is a playful little pussycat of a mountain? For the most part, yes, it is ... but the final rocky outcrop to be surmounted before the summit is gained is actually more like a snarling tigress by comparison. Up close and personal, it was still a relatively simple little scramble to surmount it; but once again the best routes up were well to the left, and the left side was the exposed side - VERY exposed.

Once past this outcrop, however, it was plain sailing all the way to the little summit cairn, where the views were just spectacular. I took a breather, took some photographs, took some water, and texted my wife to say that I was atop Meall a' Chaorainn and pressing on to Mullach nan Coirean, the first Munro of my crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment