Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 4: One Munro but no Mamore (12)

It took me just over a quarter of an hour to do the traverse from Meall a' Chaorainn to the summit cairn of Mullach nan Coirean. I texted my wife to say I was at the summit of my first Munro of the Challenge; and I texted Challenge Control to say that I was at the summit of Mullach nan Coirean and pressing on towards Stob Ban in perfect conditions. I simply could not believe the indescribable wonder of this place: I was intoxicated by its beauty!

I descended carefully, and then pressed on to the unnamed 917 metre top. There was snow, and there were cornices, but the ridge line was clear. All was going well, and I was happy. I reached the summit cairn of hill 917, and I looked ahead to the next section of the ridge line. And that's when I began to smell trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment