Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 3: All the way to Ardgour (7)

Once I reached the road I turned right, and in a very little while I came to the Inn at Ardgour - which stands right at the top of the ferry slip used by the Corran Ferry. The photo is a little bit of a cheat, as it was taken the following day from the ferry itself; but it shows the arrangement so nicely that I thought I should include it.

I arrived almost exactly at 7pm. I collected my resupply parcel and went to my room. There was, disappointingly, no bath. So I took a shower, texted Challenge Control to say I had arrived safely at Ardgour as planned, spoke briefly to my wife on the mobile (there being no telephone in the room) and took my laundry to reception. I had two pints of cider and a delightful supper of lemon garlic chicken, and then retired to my room to give my feet some attention. I had rubbed two blisters under the toes of my right foot, and had a bit of a hot spot on the instep of my left foot, but that was all. I pierced the blisters and allowed them to drain; I put a Compeed on the intep of my left foot; and then I collapsed gratefully into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment