Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 26 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 2: Loch Aline and Gleann Dubh (2)

The Loch Aline shore path is an interesting four kilometres of walking. The first section takes you to - and through - the site of the only mine in Britain which produces sand of a sufficiently high grade to be used in glass production for optical lenses. The mine was deserted when I passed, but there was plenty of evidence of regular activity there. Then, once past the mine, the route settled down into a pleasant woodland track with the still waters of the loch beyond. At the head of the loch is the castle - but I never really got a good enough angle to photograph that. And then the track becomes a riverside track, heading up the River Aline.

No comments:

Post a Comment