Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 4: One Munro but no Mamore (2)

The Corran Ferry doesn't take long to cross the Narrows, and I was soon safely on the slip on the far side, with another Great Glen crossing point crossed off my list. I think I've probably snookered myself over the Camasnagaul ferry, as I don't think I'll be able to use that now until I'm on my second round of the start points (unless they bring Glenuig back into commission ... which seems unlikely). However, there's not a lot I can do about that, certainly not while actually on Challenge, so I didn't let it bother me.

What did bother me, albeit only a little, was pacing myself. I had a lot of ascent to do today, and I needed to avoid pushing myself too hard in the early part of the day. I know from experience that this is something I tend to do; and it is not good when the ascent effort comes towards the end of the day. It is necessary to keep something in reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment