Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 5: Down (but not out) to Kinlochleven (3)

When I turned my back on my camp site, and looked North from the summit cairn, I was treated to the sight of the most spectacular inversion in Glen Nevis, the Great Glen, and over Loch Lochy and Loch Arkaig. That's Meall an t-Suidhe, Lochan Meall an t-Suidhe and the West flank of Ben Nevis in the right mid-ground, and Beinn Bhan and the Monadh Uisge Mhuilinn in the near background.

I spent some time admiring the inversion, and reflecting on the fact that there were doubtless many Challengers down at Spean Bridge or Gairlochy, sitting under all that cloud and cursing the weather this fine morning; whilst I was walking in sunshine, high up on the Mamore ridge, looking down on the inversion. Yes ... despite having to turn back, I was in decidedly good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment