Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 5: Down (but not out) to Kinlochleven (9)

The final descent to Kinlochleven is through some beautiful birch woods. The West Highland Way is well signposted; and when I finally reached the road the Macdonald Hotel had thoughtfully provided a signpost advising me to turn right, and I should find them in another 40 yards. I did as they directed and lo and behold! There was the hotel.

I checked in and collected my resupply parcel, and I rang Challenge Control from my room at 3.30 pm to let them know I had arrived safely in Kinlochleven. I then rang the Dalwhinnie bunkhouse, and said that if they had anyone going shopping in Newtonmore or Kingussie (or Perth or Inverness, obviously) between then and my arrival on Friday, I should be most grateful if they could buy me some fresh supplies of Compeeds, painkillers and Kendal Mint Cake. I then enjoyed a bath and removed the Compeed from my left foot, before heading down to explore the bar and the laundry facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment