Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 May 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 4: One Munro but no Mamore (11)

The horseshoe ridge from Meall a' Chaorainn to Mullach nan Coirean is one of the most breath-taking pieces of mountain terrain I have ever seen; and walking it on a calm, clear day was an experience which will stay with me for the rest of my life. Before I embarked upon it I had spotted two other walkers at the summit cairn of Mullach nan Coirean, and I hoped that they were coming in my direction, and that I should be able to ask them about conditions on the rest of the Mamore ridge. However, they headed off down the North ridge of Mullach nan Coirean, and I never did get to speak to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment