Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 14 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 11: Once More Into the Hills (10)

The descent from Creag nan Gabhar to the Bealach Buidhe was straightforward enough, as descents over open hillsides with no tracks or other waymarks go. Visibility was good and I was able to navigate with my head up. Crossing the stream presented no great difficulty, and eventually I had Lochcallater Lodge in view. All I had to do now was drop down onto the track (actually easier said than done, as the ground is very broken here and it kept disappearing from view!) and follow it back to the lodge.

I reached the lodge at noon, half an hour ahead of schedule, and found a large gathering of Challengers and others enjoying the hospitality on offer. Amongst them was John Dingwall, who said that he is no longer fit enough for the Challenge but, on hearing that I was heading for Cortachy House, asked me to remember him to Bob and Heather. I said that I would. And then, at 12.30 (again, half an hour ahead of schedule) I shouldered my pack and headed out again for the ascent of Carn an Tuirc.

No comments:

Post a Comment