Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 7: Came Ye by Killiecrankie - oh? (2)

The B846 climbs steadily away from Keltneyburn, and as I huffed and puffed my way up the hill I made my usual error of waiting far too long to add my overtrousers to the rest of  my waterproofs. The rain was driving from the right, and my trousers were pretty sodden by the time I thought to do anything about it. This added to my general level of discomfort!

After a while, I came to Glengoulandie. Now, according to the map there is a camp site at Glengoulandie, and I have occasionally wondered about using it as an overnight stop on a Challenge route. However, when I arrived there, it had a general air of not-being-very-openness about it, and I decided that maybe there were better places to spend the night. (Truth to tell, I had been hoping that maybe there would be a café there which might serve me a steaming mug of hot chocolate or something similar ... but no! Such was not to be!!)
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment