Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt! (8)

The Falls of Tarf were well stocked with water, and looking absolutely magnificent!!

A short way beyond the falls I encountered a group of mountain bikers, who turned out to be instructors from Glenmore Lodge. I asked if they had forded the Geldie today, and they said that they had - at about 5 o'clock. They said that it had been only marginally viable with their bikes, but that they HAD made it across. They said it was "doable with care", but that it would be wet. I smiled and said "Most river crossings are!" to which they replied "You are very observant."

I pressed on, and at about 6.30 I took a further breather. I took my socks off and had a supper of sorts, of packed lunch bits and pieces, then changed into a fresh pair of socks and carried on. I met two other walkers, who mentioned a lady camped at Bynack Lodge who was hoping for some company to attempt the crossing of the Geldie with her. I figured that if I was going to give it a try this evening it would be as well to have a companion, and I wondered if it was another Challenger. In all probability it was ... but who??

No comments:

Post a Comment