Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 7: Came Ye by Killiecrankie - oh? (15)

I couldn't help but be amused by this sign on the gate into the Killiecrankie Hotel's garden, which was visible from the dining room.

Now, where was I? Ah yes ... the dining room ... and supper. Well, what can I say about supper at the Killiecrankie Hotel, other than that it was MAGNIFICENT!! Having been warned in advance of my dietary requirements, the chef had actually gone out of his way to prepare a special bespoke table d'hote menu JUST FOR ME!!! I was presented with a choice of 4 starters, 3 main courses and two desserts, all of which had been carefully thought out and prepared with ingredients that I could eat. Wow! So THIS was what it felt like to be an ordinary person, was it?? I had completely forgotten that!!

So I chose warm wild mushroom salad with wood pigeon strips; breast of Gressingham duck; and a coconut milk panna cotta with mango and lime salad. And the wonderful waiter, Callum, assisted me with a suitable wine choice (and when the waiter recommends one of the CHEAPEST wines on the menu as being best suited to your choices, you know he is making a sound recommendation!

I returned to my room after dinner, to find that somebody had been in while I was dining to close the curtains for me and replace my towels. I'd have re-used those towels, honest ... I just hadn't been expecting anyone to look into my room while I was at diner, so I hadn't put them where the hotel staff would have known I was happy for them not to be laundered.

All in all ... this was a hotel that impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment