Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt! (4)

While I was still in the woods I encountered another walker - Anna - who was concerned by the sound of rifle fire. Were we safe on this path? I assured her that we were, and we walked on together for a while. As we neared the edge of the woods, however, she decided it was time for her to turn back.

Shortly afterwards I encountered a group of canoeists, returning back down the path with their craft. I took the opportunity to obtain an informed opinion on the state of the river, and they assured me that the river level was now falling. This was reassuring, to say the least.

As I pressed on up the Tilt, it was one of those days when it was too hot to walk in waterproofs if it wasn't raining, but whenever I stopped to take them off, the rain started falling not five minutes later, and I had to put them back on again. Nevertheless, the track up the Tilt is a good one, and I made steady progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment