Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt! (6)

As I passed the bridge I had used to cross the Tilt the first time I had come this way, I did some quick timing computations. I reckoned that I should be at the Falls of Tarf by 6, and if I pressed on then I should be passing Bynack Lodge between 8 and 8.30. This would give me an option of attempting an evening crossing of the Geldie and camping as soon as I was across if it was viable; or camping on the near side and waiting to see if it had subsided any in the morning if I didn't like the look of the evening crossing. It would mean back-tracking a bit if it was still unfordable in the morning, but that seemed OK to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment