Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt! (9)

When I reached the wide, open expanse of turf at the bealach between the Allt Garbh Buidhe and the Allt an t-Seilich, there was a tent already pitched there. I walked across to see who it was, and it turned out to be Jean Turner! She invited me to stop and chat a while, we shared some whisky from my flask, and I told her of my fortunes this crossing.

There was then a decision to be made ... press on, or wait until the morning. It was an idyllic place to camp, and Jean is excellent company. If there was somebody waiting at Bynack Lodge for a fording companion to help them across the Geldie, then they'd still be there in the morning if nobody else came to their rescue first. Jean wasn't intending to go down until the morning, and fording as a group of 3 would certainly be the safest for all concerned. So ... that was it ... decision taken. I would camp here for the night with Jean, and head down to the Geldie in the morning, picking up anyone who wanted to ford the Geldie with us along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment