Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 8: All the Way to Blair (8)

I arrived in Blair just in time to see the train for Perth departing. The next train was an Inverness train, and I had a little over an hour to kill before it arrived, so I went off in search of a map to cover the top end of Glen Tilt (which wasn't shown on the maps I had brought with me, as I hadn't been planning on going there; but now I was going there, even though I thought I probably knew the way by heart, I thought it best to have a map). Well, what do you know? The convenience store didn't have a local map; and nor did the shop at the castle camp site. So I headed back to the station and caught my train to Inverness.

In Inverness I was able to buy a new watch strap, surgical tape, a new camera pouch, the map I needed, some storm matches, and various energy gels and other such essential supplies. Having bought all of these I headed out of Blacks leaving my walking poles behind. Half way to the station I realized I was missing something and hurried back to collect them. The shop assistant handed them back to me, laughing, and told me I was lucky they hadn't put a price on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment