Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 16 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 12: Over to Clova (4)

To say that this fella was a bit surprised to see me walk through the door was a bit of an understatement! He mad some witty comment about how quickly the Challenge rolls around again these days, and I explained my repeated presence at the Lodge. I also mentioned that Jean Turner had suggested that we should maybe sing a duet together, if I could come up with a suitable one for us to sing. Well, I had written something, but I didn't think that I'd have an opportunity to sing it with Jean any time soon. So with a little goading, I was persuaded to give it a solo performance instead. So here are the words ... I am sure you will know the tune. It's called "There's a hole in my route card"

1. There's a hole in my route card, Jean Turner, Jean Turner, there's a hole in my route card, Jean Turner, a hole!

2. Then FILL it dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, then FILL it dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, FILL IT!

3. But with what should I fill it, Jean Turner, Jean Turner? With what should I fill it, Jean Turner, with what?

4. With some HILLS should you fill it, dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, with some HILLS should you fill it, dear Jeremy, with HILLS!

5. But all these hills look to steep for me, Jean Turner, Jean Turner, all these hills look to steep for me, Jean Turner, too steep!

6. Then go AROUND them dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, go around them dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, GO ROUND!

7. By what route should I go round, Jean Turner, Jean Turner? By what route should I go round, Jean Turner, what route?

8. By your FWA dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, by your FWA dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, FOXTROT WHISKY ALPHA!

9. And pray how shall I find that route, Jean Turner, Jean Turner? Pray how shall I find that router, Jean Turner, pay how?

10. It's on your route card dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, it's on your route card dear Jeremy, dear Jeremy, YOUR ROUTE CARD!

11. But there's a hole in my route card, Jean Turner, Jean Turner, there's a hole in my route card, Jean Turner, a hole!

And having performed my song, I made a quick exit and resumed my walk ...

No comments:

Post a Comment