Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 16 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 12: Over to Clova (7)

The little rocky mound had a really rather impressive cairn at the top of it ... the sort that people build at the top of Munros ... and my GPS fix suggested that I was only just off the bit of map I had and at an altitude of about 1010 metres.

And all of that information could only mean one thing.

I had just accidentally climbed a Munro I hadn't even been aiming for ... Cairn Bannoch! I hadn't recognized it because last time I had been up here the weather had been even closer and I hadn't really had a chance to clock it properly. But that was where I was ... and I now knew where I needed to go to get back to Fafernie.

No comments:

Post a Comment