Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 13 November 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 7: Came Ye by Killiecrankie - oh? (6)

My luck was in, and the kirk was left unlocked. I left my rucksack and waterproofs in the porch, and ventured into the beautiful interior with my lunch. "Come unto me all ye who are heavy laden, and I will refresh you." Hmmmm ... maybe not QUITE what He had had in mind ... but there was no denying that, with my expedition pack, I WAS "heavy laden" ... and as it was lunchtime, I WAS in need of refreshment! So I say in a pew to eat my lunch, then left a generous offering in the collection box, put my waterproofs back on, shouldered my pack, and shut the kirk up to be enjoyed by the next weary traveller who might happen pass this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment