Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 26 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 1: Oban to Taynuilt (12)

I returned to the hotel and booked in, then after settling into my room I left all my gear and wandered down to have a quick reconnaissance of my route for the morning. Once I was sure I knew what I was doing, I returned (making a brief diversion to have a look at the railway station) and met up with Ray Disson. He too was staying in the hotel, so we arranged to have dinner together.

And what a fine dinner it was! I had a rabbit offal starter (I'm a great fan of rabbit offal, and this was cooked to perfection!) followed by loin of roe deer. What was even better, though, was that I was actually able to have a dessert - a gooseberry soufflĂ©, which I would most definitely have again. Oh, and I had some wine to drink. A very nice Fleruie. Was it a glass I had? Or did we have a bottle between us?? Or did I have the bottle to myself?? Do you know what? I really can't remember ... but I did sleep very well that night.

1 comment:

  1. The hotel looks to be in far finer fettle than the last time I was that way...11 years ago! Ooh-er.
    A good start to TGOC2016!

    ReplyDelete