Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 29 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 5: Killin to Fortingall (7)

I had reached the "visitor centre" car park by 9 a.m., and I considered this to be excellent progress. I was well ahead of progress and, but for the weather, I was feeling good.

I took the ascent of Beinn Ghlas slowly and steadily, with frequent breathers and glug stops. By the time I reached the summit with its rather modest summit cairn the cloud was all around me, visibility was decidedly poor, and it was cold. But I'd been up here before. Neither Beinn Ghlass nor Ben Lawers was new to me, and I knew the path between them was clear and well defined. I could follow it safely in zero visibility if I had to. Beyond that was new ground to me, but it was a ridge with a further three Munros on it and I felt sure that the path would be easy enough to find. The descent of An Stuc was the only thing that was troubling me. My route vetter had warned that this was a difficult technical piece of scrambling, and I really would have liked a bit of visibility to see what I was doing on that. Still, I was sure I'd be able to cope, and so I pressed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment