Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 2: Taynuilt to Dalmally (11)

I topped out on Beinn a' Chochuill, my first Munro of the crossing, at 3.05. There is a little summit cairn there, with views back to Ben Cruachan and Stob Diamh (left background) and on a day such as this, the feeling of being on top of the world is simply indescribable. Why do people climb mountains? For experiences like this, that's why!

I couldn't afford to linger, though, because I had a second Munro, Beinn Eunaich, on my route card for the day, and then a lengthy descent before a 5 kilometer road walk into Dalmally. And I was actually beginning to wonder about timings. It was only two and a half kilometres fo ridge walk to the second Munro, but that was a stiff descent and another ascent, and then a lengthy descent over Stob Maol. And ... in these parts of Scotland, hotels don't always keep their kitchen open all that late. Was I actually going to be down in time for dinner? With another two Munros on my route card for tomorrow, the last thing I wanted was to miss dinner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment