Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 3: Dalmally to Tyndrum (7)

After a while the old military road met with a surfaced forestry track which isn't shown on the map, and then it continued the far side. Eventually, though, it curved to the right and joined up with the main A85 once more. As you can see from the photograph, there was very little Sunday traffic, and the remaining half a kilometer I had to walk on this road was no real problem at all.

Ben Lui, on the far side of the road, stood mocking me from above the tree line. I had been supposed to be up on top of that mountain; but I little bit of noise had driven me down onto my low level route instead. It should have been my fourth Munro of the crossing, but so far I had managed just the one! Still, there were plenty more mountains on my route card, and I should still have plenty of opportunities to make this a High Level crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment