Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 3: Dalmally to Tyndrum (16)

There were plenty of false brows on the way up to the bealach; but eventually I reached the true pass, and then began a truly wonderful descent beside the Allt an Rund. After about 2 kilometres I picked up the River Cononish path, and then it was easy going. I was making good time, and as I stode out along the track I began to have an idea.

Looking at the map it seemed like an excellent idea.

When I reached the West highland Way, I thought, my intention was to turn right. But there would be plenty of daylight. So why not turn Left. Go into Tyndrum and have a decent supper somewhere, and maybe a pint or two, and then make my way to my wild pitch in the last of the evening light?

As I strode along beside the River Cononish, the closer I got to the West highland Way, the more I liked this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment