Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 3: Dalmally to Tyndrum (12)

After a bit, I came to a substantially contructed bridge over the Eas Daimh. I didn't take a GPS fix to get its exact location, but I am hazarding a guess that this is at the point where the map shows the path swinging to the right and crossing the stream.

On the other side of the bridge the path was now a well-made forestry track, and I am imagine that it has been made up to ease the forestry operations which had resulted in the diversion of the Ben Lui mountain access. In any event, there was yellow tape stretched across it and warnings not to follow that track. The path by the stream continued upwards beyond the bridge, however, and I was happy to continue following it. I figured that as long as I could follow the stream all the way up to the edge of the woods it didn't really matter if I was doing so on the path marked on the map or not; and if I came out of the wood a little further North than originally planned, no harm would come of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment