Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 28 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 4: Tyndrum to Killin (4)

I had warned John that my pace in ascent was slow, but we found that we were actually very well matched on the hill as well as on the flat. Our rest needs were about the same, too; and when we came to a little flat bit we were both agreed that a pause for some posed photos was in order.

Behind John, in the left background, is the North ridge of Fiarach with its distinctive plantation just above the railway line to Oban; then beyond that, from left to right, are the two Munros Beinn Dubhchraig (which shields Ben Oss from view) and Ben Lui, and then, after the dip in the skyline which is Glen Cononish (through which I had walked the previous day), in the right mid background is the Corbett Beinn Chuirn. In the right background are the slopes of Creag Bhen Eigheach, which hide Tyndrum from view, although the woods above Tyndrum are very evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment