Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 26 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 1: Oban to Taynuilt (3)

When I got to the bottom of the hill there was a pleasant surprise waiting for me. The map shows a solid wood; but there was actually a wide break in the planting, presumably left so that the trees would not foul the electricity transmission lines, and it headed more or less due East. Following this seemed to make more sense than skirting round to the lochan, and so I climbed the little fence that was separating me from it and headed down the corridor between the trees. I had walked about 5 kilometres from the centre of Oban, and already I was making my way across country over broken ground with alternating turf and heather, and a fair sprinkling of boggy bits just to keep me on my toes. What more could a Challenger wish for? This is, without a doubt, what being a TGO Challenger is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment