Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 29 August 2016

The 2016 Challenge, day 5: Killin to Fortingall (4)

At the head of the pipeline is some sort of a building connected with it - it looks vaguely like a small turbine hall, but that makes no sense as you locate your hydro turbines at the bottom of the gradient, not the top of it - and there is a well-made vehicle track which contours the open hillside for about 4 kilometres to the car park at the site of the old Lawers Visitor Centre (still marked on the maps, but no longer there). After the stiff climb and with my leg muscles full of lactic acid, this gave some welcome respite. Up ahead, I could see the Lawers range, but the cloud cover did not look at all promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment