Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 10: Feshie - Geldie again (1)

I didn't hurry about getting away in the morning. I had breakfast, used the clean water supply at the bothy to wash up and fill my water bottles, made use of the facililties and took advantage of Lindsey's incomparable local knowledge to discover (a) that there was a much better place to ford the Geldie, a bit downstream of the vehicle ford which I had used; and (b) which of the other buildings shown on the map in the local vicinity might be available if needed as emergency overnight shelter (essentially, none). I left my tent up as long as possible to air and dry, and then struck camp and headed up the glen.

The cloud base was quite high this morning, and I wondered if I had sold myself short by coming to Ruigh-aiteachain, and denying myself all possibility of doing the Corbetts and Munros south of the Geldie. As the day wore on, however, the cloud base dropped, and it became increasingly clear that I would not have wanted to be up high today. Heigh ho. There go my ambitions to make a High Level crossing for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment