Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 13: Glen Lethnot (9)

Almost at once I encountered a second not-quite-summit cairn, accompanied by a well-constructed stile over an electric fence. I crossed the fence, and sat against the stile while I took a glug and texted my wife to say that I had now completed the last major ascent effort of the Challenge. Then I set off once more, quickly finding another well-engineered track which took me over Gibs Knowe and towards the Shank of Donald Young. Here there were grouse butts; and as it was about lunch time, I stopped in one of the butts (which provided excellent shelter from the wind, as well as a nice dry floor to sit upon) and had something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment