Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 10: Feshie - Geldie again (8)

As we walked, inevitably, we talked.

Alan - well, what can I say about Alan? Ex-army, he is a great eccentric in the true Challenge tradition. He will, I have no doubt, be back - and will be a Leg End before you know it. I found his company immensely stimulating and enjoyable.

Lucy, his daughter, is just finishing her Music degree, before going on to train as a primary teacher. She will, I am sure, make an excellent teacher. She had managed to contrive that she had no awkward exams to sit in May, which is how she managed to get onto the Challenge. Given her chosen profession, this may be the last we see of her for a very long time - although given her skill in arranging things so that she could bunk off uni to do her first Challenge, I have a sneaking suspicion that she may in due course contrive some way of bunking off school to get in the Challenge in future years. After all, if she has to wait until she retires, that's 45 years ... rather too long, in my opinion. I therefore bequeath to her my father's school motto: aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I shall find a way, or I shall make a way).

Lucy was also, she said, the president of the Edinburgh University Hillwalkers' Club ... and immediately after finishing, she was going to have to rush off to the far North of Scotland for more hillwalking with them. Oh to have the energy (or is it folly?) of youth once again! She also enjoys posing for photographs, such as this one at the Falls of Eidart.

No comments:

Post a Comment