Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 6 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 9: Dalwhinnie to Ruigh-aiteachain (8)

My impromptu walking companions had both the 1 : 25000 and the 1 : 50000 maps with them, and were also referring constantly to a guide book which described the route up Meall Cuaich (a little excessive, if you ask me; but each to their own). The guide book kept making reference to "the bothy"; but as I said, I wasn't aware that there was a bothy up here. And I was right: there isn't. What there is, however, is this little building, which is the building shown on the map at NN 689869. It is an estate hut. And it is kept locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment