Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 14: Going to sea (11)

Just before I reached the A90, I came to the Marykirk war memorial - on the left-hand side of the road, and well out of the village of Marykirk itself. This was a somewhat unusual war memorial, in that the casualties are listed year by year, rather than alphabetically or by rank. Also, I couldn't help noticing that the nice, flat lawns in front of it would make an absolutely beautiful impromptu campting pitch, for anyone who doesn't have an issue with putting their tent up in front of a war memorial. I, personally, would ... but I daresay not everyone shares my scruples in such matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment