Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 12: Lochcallater Lodge to Glen Clova Hotel (9)

To my left, I had views down to Lock Esk; a nasty, boggy place as I recall: although I only passed that way once, in 2000, and it may be that after so many years my memory is at fault.

The resascent to Crow Craigies was easy enough, and I reached the rocky outcrops which mark its summit at noon. There was a light breeze blowing, so I sat in the lee of the rocks for half an hour or so and ate my lunch. I scanned the skyline between Tolmount and Tom Buidhe for signs of Alan and Lucy, but I did not see them. Still, they were out there somewhere.

At 12.30 I continued on my way, the same route I had taken from here as last year: down Jock's road into Glen Doll. Only this year I was here a bit earlier in the day and would be continuing to the Glen Clova hotel; and this year I had beautiful, clear conditions for the descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment