Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 12: Lochcallater Lodge to Glen Clova Hotel (7)

A track took me along the ridge line to the Fafernie summit cairn. Beyond the cairn I could discern no obvious path. I took a bearing just to make sure I was descending towards Knaps of Fafernie rather than Creag Leachdach (a piece of navigation that I could, in all honesty, have achieved without the bearing had I needed to; but there seemed no point in not making absolutely certain I was descending the correct slope) and then I made my easy way across the soft turf and moss of the bare mountain top. And after a while, I discerned a path off to my left, so I made my way across to it and followed it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment