Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 13: Glen Lethnot (11)

The map shows a path running down the ridge line of the Shank of Donald Young, then dropping down to the South and following the burn down to the footbridge. At the top of the ridge I saw no sign of any path; but I read the landforms as I descended, and in due course I decided it was time to turn off the ridge and drop into the little valley to the South. When I did so, I soon found the remaining traces of the path. It does not look as though it sees all that much use nowadays; but it was evidently very well engineered at one time, and was a joy to follow it down. The photograph shows the view to the South, looking up the Burn of Duskintry to its confluence with the Burn of Adikinear, with Ruragh in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment