Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 11: Mar Lodge to Lochcallater Lodge (1)

I woke early and had a light breakfast at Base Camp, washed everything up, and headed out at a quarter past 7. I wanted to get to the youth hostel in Braemar in time to put my laundry through before they shut up for the afternoon. Then I could spend the afternoon relaxing in Braemar, before heading up to Lochcallater Lodge whenever the mood took me. The first stage of todays' journey was the avenue to Victoria Bridge (pictured), then it would be roads all the way unless I chose to take the track through the Morrone birkwoods. I suppose I should go through the birkwoods some time ... but I've never quite got around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment