Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 10: Feshie - Geldie again (7)

I caught up with Alan and Lucy at the old stable. It is getting pretty ragged now, but it still offers shelter of sorts. They were taking a break, and I too stopped for a glug. They were heading for Mar Lodge, which suited me just fine. If I had companionship as far as Mar Lodge, the last little bit of road walking into Braemar ought not to present any real problems. I just hoped that I would be able to get a bed for the night at the youth hostel.

I decided not to tell Alan and Lucy just why I was so anxious to walk in company. That would, I thought, be placing too much of a burden on them. I might be fine. I hoped I would be fine. And if so - well, why worry them unnecessarily. So we set off from the old stable together, and we remained in company all the way from there to Mar Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment