Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 10: Feshie - Geldie again (14)

When Mar Lodge finally came into view - vindicating my decision to approach it the "proper" way, rather than via "the tradesmen's entrance", Lucy insisted that I take this picture of her "in front of her house". It was a quarter to 6.

We went round to the Gun Room and enjoyed some refreshment, then settled ourselves into the Base Camp bunkhouse, where I had a room to myself. Dinner was served at 7, and there were about 8 of us in total, I think. I could not partake of the venison stew, unfortunately, as it had flour in it: but I had a very acceptable meal none the less. I cannot recall exactly what I had now. A baked potato, certainly, and something ... but what the something was slips my mind. It was something that I thought suitable for a white wine accompaniment; and I remember drinking a bottle of white wine with it. Possibly that's why I have no recollection of what it was that I ate.

After dinner I went back to my room in Base Camp, and slept very soundly. The bottle of white wine may have helped with that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment