Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 14: Going to sea (9)

I reached Luthermuir at just the right time to stop for lunch at the Luthermuir Inn. They served me a rare steak, cooked to perfection, and I was happy. By the time I left, however, it was raining hard, and I needed to walk in waterproofs until about 3.

As I left Luthermuir, I noticed that it has a very fine village green ... and I couldn't help but reflect that if they would only make it available to Challengers to camp on, particularly if they were to open the pavilion so that shower and toilet facilities were available, then it would quickly become the last night camping spot of choice. North Water Bridge simply wouldn't have a look in. And the pub would get plenty of extra business ...

No comments:

Post a Comment