Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 10: Feshie - Geldie again (9)

As we crossed the peat moor North of the Geldie Burn, the sky began to look more and more threatening; but the deluge never came. The cloud base was well below the high tops, however, and I was glad not to be up there in the cloud. Moreover, in fair weather, this is actually a beautiful place.

We made good progress. All of the side-burns, even the Allt Dhaidh Mor and the Allt Dhaidh Beag, could be crossed dry-shod (yes, I know theres' a bridge ... but we didn't notice it, OK, and forded anyway!). At the ruined building where I had originally intended to spend the night I stopped to change into my walking sandals and a fresh pair of socks, whilst the other two pressed on. But I soon caught up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment