Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 6 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 9: Dalwhinnie to Ruigh-aiteachain (1)

The morning of Saturday 17 May was overcast, with low cloud and the ever-present threat of rain. The weather forecast was not all that great, either. It was to be a day when I wore my waterproofs for practically the entire day.

After a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs, I settled my account and left the bunkhouse just after 9. I headed out of Dalwhinnie past the derelict hotel; noting, however, that its sign still stands by the roadside, advertising it as a place to "eat, drink and relax". Somehow, despite the rumour that it has been bought, I do not think it likely that this one will be reopening. There is too much to do, and it is too far gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment