Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 1 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 6: Kinlochleven to Strathossian (4)

The bridge over the next stream to the East after the Allt Coire na Duibhe (my GPS gave its location as NN 230608) was down - and looked as if it had been for some time. I found it easy enough to ford just upstream of the bridge; but if it had been in spate, that might have been a very different story. This is worth bearing in mind when planning FWAs out of Kinlochleven. If heading for Loch Chiarain, it might be better to plan to use the more northerly path via Loch Eilde Mor and Meall na Cuaidhe ... although that does involve climbing to 550 metres, which might be in the cloud on a particularly miserable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment